Time to read: Approximately 5 minutes
Types of information
Is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
Is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
The information we collect
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including your email address;
- your age and/or date of birth;
- the details of your Assistance Dog;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys and enquiry forms;
- your sensitive information as set out below;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of TravelPaws, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with TravelPaws, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of TravelPaws, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
We do not actively request sensitive information about you. If at any time we need to collect sensitive information about you, unless otherwise permitted by law, we will first obtain your consent and we will only use it as required or authorised by law.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including through commenting on our posts on social media, the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email.
We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, and in your online enquiries.
From third parties:
Collection and use of personal information
We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our services to you, including to respond to your enquiries via the TravelPaws website or email;
- to enable you to access and use TravelPaws and our associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you about your enquiries;
- for internal record keeping, administrative, invoicing and billing purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve TravelPaws and our associated social media platforms;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you information that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have;
- if you have applied for employment with us; to consider your employment application; and
- if otherwise required or authorised by law.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, to us, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, maintenance or problem-solving providers, and professional advisors;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required or authorised by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics (To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time), Facebook Pixel or other relevant analytics businesses; and
- any other third parties as required or permitted by law, such as where we receive a subpoena.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties listed above, these third parties may store, transfer or access personal information outside of Australia.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Information from third parties:
Restrict and unsubscribe:
To object to processing for direct marketing/unsubscribe from our email database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
You may request access to the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to withhold access to your personal information.
If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading. Please note, in some situations, we may be legally permitted to not correct your personal information.
If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take in response to your complaint. You also have the right to contact the relevant privacy authority.
While we are committed to security, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of TravelPaws.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Georgina (Nina) Smith