Time to read: Approximately < 1 minute
Depending on how long it has taken to reach your destination, you may want to wait till you reach your hotel/accommodation before feeding your dog. Particularly if you know they will have toileting needs shortly after feeding.
- Feed them on board if you can’t take meat products through customs
- Consider feeding your dog at your hotel if you think they will be more comfortable - ask your instructor
- Have an absorbent pad and deodorised garbage bag at the ready the other end of the flight just in case of toileting accident
- Give your dog an opportunity to toilet as soon as you arrive (bring your toileting harness if you have one and poo bag)
- Be prepared for a tired puppy at the end of the trip
- Ask your instructor to train your dog to urinate on an absorbent mat in the disabled toilet -it will make travelling so much easier