Time to read: Approximately < 1 minute
Many travellers have not seen a dog on board before and may see it as a novelty.
- Give your dog a treat on take-off and landing to balance their ears if they are looking unsettled.
- Avoid salty food throughout the journey as this makes them thirsty and increases their need to urinate
- If your dog stands up at any stage, encourage them to lie - be firm but nice (pandering to their anxiety, only reinforces it)
- If your dog is anxious, you could try distracting them with a game that involves incentives for them!
- For long haul flights, give your dog ice cubes rather than water to hydrate them (decreases their chance of needing to toilet when compared to water)