Time to read: Approximately < 1 minute
For Handlers, an important aspect of travel is having a place to stay that is comfortable and meets their needs. We have compiled a list of things accommodation providers can do to aid Handlers in the booking process, and to ensure they have an enjoyable stay.
Accommodation that can make a huge difference to a Handler includes those that:
- Let the Handler know upfront whether they are pet friendly. Whilst some Handlers may feel more comfortable in these venues, pets involve more distractions for a Handler to manage and are therefore not a preference for many. The important thing is not to make any assumptions- give the Handler the information and let them decide what is best for them and their Assistance Dog.
- Provide a room with easy access to safe night-time grass dog toileting.
- Confirm in writing that the booking includes an Assistance Dog.
- Have staff available at check in to orient Handlers to their room and to amenities including the grass toileting spot and Wi-Fi.
- Have a 24-hour emergency phone number to ring.